happy propose day picture
happy propose day picture-
I walked home one freezing day, I stumbled on a wallet someone
had lost in the street. I picked it up and looked inside to find some
identification so I could call the owner. But just three dollars wallet
and crumpled letter that looked as if it has been there for years.
![]() |
happy propose day picture |
Only
it was legible return address envelope and was worn. I'm hoping to find
some clue to open the letter began. Then I saw the Dateline -1924. The
letter was written almost 60 years ago.
It
is a little flower on the left corner with a beautiful feminine
handwriting on powder blue stationery was written. It's a "Dear John"
letter to the recipient, whose name was Michael will be shown, that the
writer could not see him because he was her mother forbade it. Even so,
she wrote that she'd always let her know.
It was signed Hannah.
It
was a beautiful letter, but the name is Michael, but there was no way
the owner could not be identified. Maybe if I called information, the
operator could not find a phone listing for the address on the envelope.
"Operator,"
I began, "It is an unusual request. I thought that I saw a wallet owner
trying to find you. Anyhow, what you can tell me an address in which to
Wallet One envelope had a phone number?"
He
proposed his supervisor, who hesitated for a moment, then said, "Well,
that's a phone address list, but I can not give you the number." To
talk, he said, as a courtesy, she would call that number, explain my
story and ask them if they would have wanted her to connect me.
I wait a few minutes and then he was back on the line. "I have a team of people who will talk to you."
In
the other end of the line, I asked if she knew anyone named Hannah. He
gasped, "Oh! We are a family who had a daughter named Anna bought this
house. But that was 30 years ago!"
To "Do you know where that family could be located now?" I asked.
"I
remember that Hannah had to place her mother a few years ago in a
nursing home," the woman said. "Maybe if you got in touch with them,
they might be able to track down the daughter."
He
gave me the name of the nursing home and I called the number. They told
me that the old lady had passed away some years ago, but they thought
they did not have a phone number that can be daughter alive.
I thanked them, and phones. He said the woman who explained that she herself was now living in a nursing home.
This
whole thing was stupid, I thought to myself. Why I am the owner of a
wallet that had only three dollars and a letter on the finding that
almost 60-year-old was making such a big deal?
He
was a sweet, silver-haired with a warm smile and a twinkle in his eye
oldtimer. I told her about finding the wallet and showed her the letter.
With that little flower on the left side of the second he saw the
powder blue envelope and took a deep breath and said, "Young man, this
letter was the last contact I ever had with Michael."
He
looked away for a moment deep in thought, then said slowly, "I like him
very much. But I'm only 16 and my mother felt I was young once. Oh, he
was very handsome. He is Sean Connery, the actor looked like."
"Yes,"
she continued. "Michael Goldstein was a wonderful person. If you find
him, should have, then I often remember him say. And," she for a moment
hesitated, almost on his lip biting, "tell him I still love him. You
know, I'm married to I did not, "as he tears began to well up in his
eyes, smiling, said." I guess no one ever matched up to Michael ... "
I
thanked Hannah and said goodbye. I took the elevator on the first floor
and as I stood by the door, and asked the guard, "the old lady was able
to help you? "
I asked him and
he gave me a lead. "At least I have a last name. But I think I'll let it
go for a while. I spent almost the whole day trying to find the owner
of this wallet."
My wallet, on
which side of a simple brown leather case with red rope had been taken
out. When the guard saw, he said, "Hey, wait a minute! There's Mr.
Goldstein's wallet. I did not know it anywhere with that bright red
rope. He is always losing that wallet. I found it at least three times
is a must."
"Who's Mr. Goldstein?" My hands started to shake as I asked.
"He's
one of the oldtimers 8th floor. Not sure that Mike Goldstein's wallet.
The vessels must not be lost of his career." I thanked the guard and
quickly ran back to the nurse's office. I told her what the guard said.
We got to go back to the lift. I prayed that Mr. Goldstein would be up.
On the eighth floor, the floor nurse said, "I think she's still in the room. She loves to read at night. He is beloved husband."
We
only room that had any lights went on and there was a man reading a
book. The nurse came to her, he had lost his wallet. Mr. Goldstein
looked up with surprise, put his hands in his back pocket and said, "Oh,
it's missing!"
"This kind gentleman found a wallet and we are surprised that this job can be yours?"
I
handed Mr. Goldstein the wallet and the second he saw with relief,
smiled and said, "Yes, that's it! It must have dropped out of my pocket
this afternoon. I would like to give you a reward."
"No,
thank you," I said. "But I have to tell you something. I read the
letter in the hope of finding the people who owned the wallet."
Her smile disappeared suddenly. "You read that letter?"
"I just did not read it, I think I know where Hannah is."
Suddenly grew pale. "Hannah? You know where he is? How is he? He's still pretty as she was? Please, please tell me," he begged.
"She's fine ... just as pretty when you knew him." I said slowly.
Husband
with anticipation smiled and asked, "Are you able to tell me where he
is? I tomorrow want to call it." He grabbed my hand and asked, "You know
something, mister? I'm that girl that when that letter came, my life
literally This is the end of love. I never got married. I've always
loved him. "
"Mr. Goldstein," I said, "Come with me."
We
came down to the third floor. Hallways are black and only one or two
days a little night lights lit our way of watching television while I
was sitting alone in the house, Hannah. She went to the nurse.
"Hannah," she said slowly, Michael, who was waiting with me, pointing to the door. "Do you know this man?"
His
glasses, looked for a moment standing, but did not say a word. Michael
said softly, almost in a whisper, "Hannah, it would be Michael. Do you
remember me?"
He gasped,
"Michael! I do not believe it! Michael! It's you! My Michael!" He walked
slowly and had received. And I left with tears streaming down our faces
nurses.
"Look," I said. "How good the Lord works! It's meant to be, then it must be."
About
three weeks later I got a call at my office from the nursing home. "Can
you break away on Sunday to attend a wedding? Michael and Hannah are
going to tie the knot!"
It
nursing home dressed up to join in the celebration with all the wedding
was beautiful. Hannah wore a light beige dress and looked beautiful.
Michael was tall and wore a dark blue suit. They made me their best man.
And
if you ever have their own rooms in the hospital for a 76-year old
groom, and two 79-year-old groom acting like teenagers wanted to see,
you had to see this couple.
A perfect ending for a love affair that had lasted nearly 60 years.


No comments